Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What? I'm Catholic!!!

God continues to teach us through our young ones.

Last week my 8 year-old nephew/godson Patrick was in a community pool with his grandma practicing his newly acquired swimming skills. As he practiced his kicking in the water the boy next to him became annoyed, perhaps a bit scared, and said to Patrick "move over you're going to hurt me". Patrick was horrified by the accusation and without thought or hesitation responded "what? I'm Catholic".

Can you imagine that scene?

If only our faith was so deep? That being both a Christian and hurting someone would seem equally ridiculous and unimaginable to us! Its obvious Patrick's response was not something taught, memorized and repeated but came from a faith that is both child-like and incredibly mature.

I'm going to pray tonight that I might grow up to be as Catholic as Patrick is.

1 comment:

Erin said...

How Awesome to witness this child-like faith! I'm right with you on this one, if only we all were so child-like! Praise God!

Peace of Christ be with you,

Erin